Birthday is the date on which a person is born, marking the day a life outside the womb begins. It is customary in many cultures to celebrate the anniversary of one’s birthday, for example by having a birthday party with family and/or friends. Gifts are often given to the person celebrating the birthday. It is also customary to treat people specially on their birthday, either generally acceding to their wishes, or subjecting them to a rite of transition. Make your loved ones birthday a memorable one with wide array of flowers meant to grace the occasion. Flowers meant for birthday definitely take your wishes to the core of the heart of the individual celebrating birthday.
From elegant arrangements to festive flowers with balloons, there’s a birthday bouquet for everyone. Always enjoy the memorable moments of life in company of natural flowers meant to grace the chosen moment of life.
Birth Flower for You
If there are birth stones, there are also birthday flowers which differ depending on your birth month. Did you know that each birthday flower has a corresponding meaning? Know what your birthday flower is!
- January – People who are born during this month have carnation as their birthday flower. Carnation buds symbolize deep love and eternal fidelity.
- February – Violet which signifies faithfulness, humility and cleanliness, is the birthday flower of individuals born in February.
- March – Yellow daffodils represent optimism, reverence, kindness and warmth which are also believed to be common traits of people born in March.
- April – April’s birthday flower is daisy which comes in pink and purple colors. These flowers often indicate pleasure, curiosity, inquisitiveness and playfulness.
- May – Lilies that have white blossoms represent strength, complete life, sweetness and wild beauty is the birthday flower of May.
- June – The most common and beautiful flower, Rose stands for passion, friendship, magnificence and love.
- July – Long stemmed blossoms of Larkspur represent July for their beauty. Good luck, lightness and laughter are often associated with this flower.
- August – Strength of character, marriage and family is an important sense for people born in August. These are also meanings attached to their birthday flower, gladiola.
- September – Aster or morning glory is known to have rich and deep colors that radiate beauty to its surroundings. People who were born in September are believed to have a strong devotion to life and are filled with light.
- October – Contentment, excellence, gratitude and love for nature are characterized by Calendula which is the October birthday flower.
- November – Bright colors of chrysanthemum connote cheerfulness, sensitivity and compassion.
- December – Poinsettia, the Christmas flower, is the birthday flower of December which symbolizes celebration, wealth and success.
Flower meanings that are attached to each month had already been traditionally handed over to generations. But the real reason to celebrate is the birth of the child and the warm welcome that we give him through gifts of love.